Saturday, April 27, 2013

The New Aesthetic

Okay, I know its bad form to choose the first post right off the bat but I did go through older posts and this one stood out the most to me. It's just such a great statement about journalism practice and how it's pretty much degraded in recent times (I took a journalism class a year ago and 'yellow journalism' was a subject we touched upon) not to mention how we send and receive information through social networking. A great deal of what you will hear from other people is just flat out wrong which is why it is SO SO important to question everything and seek out your own truth.

I know it was meant to be satirical but I found the clip really funny because it was like a game of 'telephone' where the message gets distorted as it goes through one person to another. The end product is something that is completely off from the original message and often doesn't make any sense.

I actually watched Waving at Machines online instead of reading it and enjoyed what James Bridle brought to light. We are in a constantly evolving world and technology is now an integral part of us. Pretty relevant stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment